Sony India has announced the Firmware update 2.0.1 for WH-1000XM2 and WI-1000X headphones, applicable for both Android and iOS. The update will allow the users to optimise the headphones for Google Assistant.
Some of the key benefits of the update are:
- Getting instant answers from the web
- Finding places nearby
- Remembering what the user already said
- Speak in foreign languages
- Going beyond being an assistant
How to install the update
- Launch the “Sony | Headphones Connect” application.
- Connect your WH-1000XM2/ WI-1000X to the “Sony | Headphones Connect” application.
- If an update is applicable, “Headphone update is available” will be displayed, and you can press “More Info”.
- Verify that “Version 2.0.1” is displayed and press “OK” to start the update
- Once the download starts, it will automatically move to the next screen after the download is completed.
- The transfer starts. It will automatically move to the next screen after the download has been completed.
- Once the transfer starts, it will automatically move to the next screen after the transfer has been completed. This will take approximately one minute.
- When the software update is completed, press “OK”.
Detailed instructions to download the firmware update mentioned here: here
If the firmware for WH-1000XM2/WI-1000X is version “2.0.0” or above, one does not need to perform the update. The Sony WH-1000XM2 and WI-1000X headphones are available at all Sony Centers and major electronic stores across India.