Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) announced combined intelligence and composability offerings by integrating its artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning-driven HPE Primera storage platform with the composability in HPE Synergy and HPE Composable Rack, helping customers rapidly deliver new apps and innovations to propel their businesses forward. This unique combination allows customers to deliver services on an intelligent cloud platform, offering the flexibility to support any application and service level agreement (SLA) with cloud-like agility, extreme resiliency, and seamless scalability.
Additionally, expanding on the recent introduction of HPE Synergy support for VMware Cloud Foundation (VCF), HPE Composable Rack, the HPE composable rack-scale solution, now supports VCF for hybrid cloud deployments. This new offering provides cloud management services to run enterprise applications in both private and public environments with a resilient and operationally efficient approach.
Enterprises today want to accelerate everything – their apps, data, and innovation. This requires the ability to more efficiently manage traditional bare-metal and virtualization applications, while also supporting containerized applications and cloud stacks with software-driven automation, and a fluid pool of resources that they can flexibly custom fit to the specific needs of applications. And, as organizations transition from a software-defined data center to an autonomous one, IT teams need to put the insights gathered about the infrastructure and workloads into action to ensure an environment that is always-fast and always-on.
“Customers want more than table stakes software-driven automation, and only HPE offers the combination of software and intelligence-driven automation in a composable solution, transforming on-premises infrastructure to be more cloudlike,” said Rajesh Dhar, Senior Director, Hybrid IT, HPE India. “And, as customers leverage VCF to provide integrated software-defined data center and cloud management services for their applications, it becomes critical to rely on an underlying platform that has matching characteristics. Only HPE’s intelligent and composable infrastructure delivers the automation and flexibility needed for today’s changing workload demands.”
HPE is a pioneer in composability, initially introducing composable infrastructure in HPE Synergy, a bladed, modular architecture. With disaggregated compute, storage, and fabric, HPE composable infrastructure provides independent scaling of resources and on-demand provisioning to support any workload, and any SLA – all while delivering CapEx savings. Its software-defined automation improves IT efficiency and reduces OpEx costs, while its unified API allows developers to integrate infrastructure commands directly into development and deployment processes, as well as easily integrate with third-party applications and tools. Similarly, HPE Composable Rack provides disaggregated compute, storage and fabric resources in a rack form factor, supporting bare metal, containerization, virtualization, and private and hybrid clouds.
“Combined, HPE Synergy and our current storage solution, HPE 3PAR, have created a formidable capability for us to deliver industry leading services on composable and reliable infrastructure with a few clicks,” said Christopher Horvat, VP of Information Technology, Skyview Networks. “We can virtualize all our audio in digital format without the traditional analog-to-digital latency and without a single physical backplane connection. Using this technology has made our organization more agile in delivering premier services to our long list of clients, so I look forward to the impact HPE Primera combined with HPE Synergy will have for mission-critical apps.”
HPE Primera leverages the industry’s most advanced AI platform for operations, HPE InfoSight, to deliver significant breakthroughs – including 93% less time spent on managing storage, the ability to predict and prevent issues, and accelerate application performance. HPE Primera lets organizations innovate without compromise, with the resiliency and performance businesses need combined with the agility of the cloud.
The integration of HPE Primera in the composable portfolio allows HPE Synergy and HPE Composable Rack customers to benefit from:
Agility and faster time-to-market
- Develop and deploy applications faster with infrastructure as code to automate and streamline resource management, including reduced time to deploy for Oracle databases by 89 percent3
- Eliminate disruptions and wasted time reacting to problems with the AI-driven full-stack intelligence
- Enable self-sufficiency and eliminate lag time with provisioning requests
- Through cloud-based machine learning and AI, HPE InfoSight in HPE ProLiant servers, HPE Synergy, and HPE Primera storage, predicts and prevents problems before they occur.
- Mission-critical reliability is built into HPE Primera, which is architected for high availability with its multi-node design, transparent business continuity with HPE Peer Persistence, and data replication – backed by the HPE Primera 100 percent data availability guarantee.
- HPE further protects systems against service disruption and risk, with its silicon root of trust that prevents system boots with compromised firmware; and Cyber Catalyst designation that provides enhanced terms and conditions on cyber insurance policies.
Seamless dynamic scaling
- HPE composable offerings allow organizations to compose disaggregated resources on demand and non-disruptively
- The seamless auto-discover and -configuration capabilities enable incremental scale and integration of resources
- The instant visibility into how resources are consumed by applications improves insights for capacity planning
Through the unique combination of intelligence and composability, Hewlett Packard Enterprise provides an intelligent cloud foundation that unites the IT environment with a common software-defined and AI-driven operating model that can be optionally delivered as a Service via HPE GreenLake to align costs with consumption.