Fujifilm India, a pioneer in print-imaging technologies, has announced the launch of Revoria PC 1120, a production color printing press for the high-end professional printing market. The Revoria PC 1120 can print up to 6 colours simultaneously, whereas a standard machine can only print four colours in 1 pass. This revolutionary product sits atop the digital production-printing segment and with the launch Fujifilm aims to transform the production printing market with its efficiency and precision.
Revoria derived from the blending of “revolution” and the suffix “-ia” meaning country or land, which asserts Fujifilm’s dedication to revolutionize the production printing business, by foraying into new “lands” or innovative spaces and creating unprecedented value. The Revoria PC 1120 comes equipped with a one-pass, six-color print engine, up to two special toners such as gold, silver, clear, white, pink, and textured that can be used in addition to the basic CMYK toners. These toners enable high-value, high quality printing such as metallic colors, pop ups, creates overlays and underlays of designs my mixing special colors with CMYK in addition to getting natural skin textures. To support printing companies in their business expansion and increase productivity with new applications, there are built in tools like AI and other automation technology in the system. Fujifilm has designed the latest Revoria press to provide quality to the customer in many different ways.
Speaking on the launch of the printer, Mr. Kentaro Imafaku, Head of Department, Graphic Arts said, “At Fujifilm, the wheel never stops churning and our developers remain in a continuous quest for innovation and creative design that would benefit the customer in all the ways necessary. With the Revoria PC 1120, we set foot on another landmark in the printing industry by developing a printer that can print 6 colours at a pass. The demand for this product would be immense in the Indian market and we are confident that our customers will be raving about this revolutionary product. At Fujifilm, we are committed to provide best-in class services to our users at the most affordable rates in the market.”
The Revoria PC 1120 prints at a high speed of 120 pages per minute (A4 horizontal) while achieving high definition, high resolution prints of 2,400 dpi with its Super EA-Ecotoner, which boasts the smallest toner particle size in the industry. It is capable of printing metallic colours like Gold, silver with combinations in overlays and underlays that give a variety of shades of metallic, which are useful in decoration and improving print aesthetics. It can further run on non-paper substrates like films and metallic sheets because of its unique technology of removing static electricity from paper. It also automatically divides the image data into five colors of cyan, magenta, yellow, black (CMYK) and pink. The fluorescent colours of the pink toner expands the colour gamut significantly, thus resulting in vibrant printouts especially on people images showing vivid colours and with smoother skin tones.
The overall product has been designed to provide customers the best value-for their money. Its Air Suction Feeder and Static Removal Device provide a highly stable paper feeding for a wide variety of papers such as paper containing concentrated amounts of paper dust, cohesive coated paper, and film. Additionally, Artificial Intelligence (AI) enables automatic image corrections for photo images. Each photo image automatically enhances based on its existing lackluster condition such as image being too dark/too bright, backlight exposure, correction of skin tones, and bringing out the hues in blue skies.
1.) Quality and Productivity – Achieves both image quality and productivity at a high level.
- 1 pass 6-colour print engine
- In addition to CMYK toner, the press can load a maximum of two specialty toner stations. For specialty toner, choices of Clear*1, Gold, Silver, White, Pink and textured toners are available. By overlaying CMYK on Silver or Gold, you can print various brilliant metallic colours. The rich colour expressions created by the 6-colour print engine can expand your business.
- *1: Clear can only be used for Overlay
- High resolution printing of 2400 × 2400 dpi
- The heart of the printer, ROS*1, uses VCSEL*2 as a light source. It enables printing at 2400 × 2400 dpi high resolution by drawing images simultaneously with multiple laser beams.
- Super EA*-Eco toner for high image quality
- Super EA-Eco toner with extremely small particle size allows smooth reproduction of gradations in photographs, uniform density and sharper fine lines and text. It also produces easy-to-read printed text with less glare.
- *: EA: Emulsion Aggregation
- Easy and quick adjustment
- The inline sensor is built into the printer body, allowing easy and quick calibration. It also has an automatic adjustment function that allows you to adjust* multiple settings at once. It minimizes the effort required for maintenance and downtime.
- *1: Raster Output Scanner
- *2: Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Laser
2.) Image Processing – Print server with high resolution and fast processing
- Image data processing maximizing print engine performance
- High quality image data can be generated with RIP processing of 1200 x 1200 dpi and 10 bit (1024 gradation levels) on the print server. In addition, high resolution and smooth screen image of 2400 x 2400 dpi can be generated on the device with our unique HQ digital screen technology (MACS*) employed. These data processing technologies can generate high image quality brought from the maximization of the print engine performance.
- *: Micro Accurate Control Screen
- Professional colour management system
- Supports various CMYK colour standards such as Fogra, SWOP and GRACoL.
- Image Enhancement in a more beautiful way
- Higher image quality has been implemented with “Edge Enhancement” that fixes jaggedness on the edge of thin line and text outline and “Adjust Invert Text/Line Weight” that fixes thickened / blurred text.
- Selecting different screens for individual objects for optimum image quality
- You can select the suitable screen for each object such as a text and photo. The FM screen is effective for more. Granular roughness that tends to occur on FM screens is suppressed by the dot arrangement suitable for the electrophotography profile, realizing a smooth image quality.
- Make skin texture beautiful
- Equipped with a function to brighten the image using fluorescent Pink toner. By separating into CMYK + Pink, skin tones can be brighter, and the texture of the skin can be reproduced smoothly and beautifully.
- AI-based photo quality optimization*
- AI (Artificial Intelligence) automatically determines the scene for each photographic image on the page and corrects the image appropriately for each of them. Low quality images, such as poor contrast and brightness, can be automatically corrected.
- *: Applies to RGB type images.
3.) Versatility – A wider range of media types and finishes.
- Supporting a wide range of paper weights from lightweight paper of 52 gsm to heavyweight paper of 400 gsm
- Paper sizes ranging from A6 to 330 × 488 mm are available. Full bleed printing on SRA3 (320 × 450 mm) is also possible and it is useful to create brochures or leaflets that need to have bleed.
- Supports banner sheets of maximum 1200 mm
- You can print up to 330 x 1200 mm banner sheets for simplex printing*. Widen the scope of new printing application such as powerful panoramic posters.
- *: Up to 330 x 729 mm for automatic duplex printing.
- Eliminate static electricity on Film and Metallic media
- Film and metallic media are easily charged by static electricity when printing, and the printed media may stick together. However, the inline static eliminator module* makes it easy to stack and align these media.
- *: Optional “Static Eliminator D1”.
- Various inline finishing*
- You can create a variety of finished products with full bleed, trimming, crease and folding options.
- *: Optional
- “Air Suction Feeder*” with enhanced paper handling capabilities
- Using air suction, a shuttle head picks up each sheet individually and delivers it securely. This improves paper feeding performance for low quality, textured and coated media.
- *: Optional
To further provide quality assistance and customer service, the Revoria PC 1120 will be sold and serviced by Fujifilm India’s Indian partner ” Insight Print Communications”.